Canon PIXMA MG7120 Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Photo Printer
Canon PIXMA MG7120 Premium Wireless All-In-One is a printer from Canon that is capable of printing up to 15 black IPMs and 10 colored IPMs. This printer uses Canon FINE ink technology and 9600 x 2400 dpi colors to produce photo-quality prints directly from your computer. Frameless photos can be printed in standard photo sizes ranging from 4″ x 6″ to 8.5″ x 11″ while documents can be printed at 8.5″ x 14″ (legal).
In addition to the standard USB connection, the Canon MG7120 also has built-in Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity. This allows you to print and quickly scan to any computer on your network while cloud printing will enable you to print through PIXMA Cloud Link and Google Cloud Print.
Want to print from the web? It does not matter. The WebPrint EX software provides an easy way to print what you want from the internet without wasting paper. Use the utility to collect parts of different web pages and reset before printing to maximize page usage.
In this section, you can find the drivers, software, firmware, user manual and wireless settings that are suitable for your Canon product or without driver software along with an explanation of product compatibility with each operating system. Click on each topic below to get detailed information.
- User Manual
- Wireless Setup
- Apple Airprint
- Google Cloud Print
- Print From Email
- Printer Apps
During a new purchase, all features found on the MG7120 but feature automatic duplex printing, faster print speeds, Wi-Fi connectivity, and network scanning and wireless scanning.
Speed & Quality
- Resolution: 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi produces business documents and photos with complete details.
- Print Speed: Print documents and web pages with 15 black images per minute and 10 colored images per minute.
- FINE: The printer uses Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering with a patented print head that fires ink droplets as small as 1 pl.
- ChromaLife100+: Combines print head FINE technology enhanced with genuine Canon photo paper and ink to produce borderless photos that have been tested to last up to 300 years when stored in archival quality photo albums.
- Individual Ink Tank System: The 6-cartridge ink system allows you to change only the colors that are used up. Gray ink produces black & white and color photo details. Pigment-based black ink produces clear text.
- Frameless Photos: Print unlimited 4″ x 6″ photos in about 21 seconds.
- Hybrid Ink System: Uses coloring ink for color and black pigment ink for sharp text.
- Scanning Resolution: Scans an original with a maximum optical resolution of 2400 x 4800 dpi.
Ease of use
- 3.5-inch Touch Screen LCD: View, select, edit, and print your images without a computer. No need to download, just select images and print.
- Intelligent Touch System: The control panel with backlighting only illuminates the buttons you need.
- Automatic Duplex Printing: Print on both sides of the page without needing to flip it manually and cut paper consumption and costs up to 50%.
- Auto Power On: Automatically turns on the printer every time you send a photo or document to print.
- CD/DVD printing: Print directly on CD, DVD or Blu-ray that can be printed with inkjet.
- My Image Garden: Organize and print your photos with features such as face recognition, Fun Filters, calendar organization, and automatic layout suggestions.
- Quick Start: After pressing the power button, you can start entering commands in just a few seconds for faster operation.
- Tray Opens: Automatically opens the output tray when you start printing.
Print Full HD Movies: Take individual frames from HD videos taken on certain Canon EOS, PowerShot, and VIXIA models and print them as still images.
- Silent Mode: Print at any time without disturbing the people around you.
- Built-in Wireless: Print and scan wirelessly from any computer that supports Wi-Fi on your network.
- PIXMA Printing Solution (PPS): Use the PIXMA Printing Solution (PPS) application to print and scan photos or documents from your mobile device. The cloud printing function allows you to print directly from certain online cloud services both on the printer itself and from the PPS application on your mobile device.
- AirPrint: Print photos, emails, web pages and documents wirelessly from iPad, iPhone or iPod touch compatible to your printer without having to install any drivers – just look, tap, and print.
- PIXMA Cloud Link: Use the Printer LCD screen to download and print office templates including stationery, checklists, calendars, memos, and envelopes to your PIXMA printer without a computer.
- Google Cloud Print: Print from your Gmail or Google Docs account on a mobile device or from the Google Chrome browser on a Mac, Windows, Linux, or Chrome device.
- Memory Card: Insert a memory card into the installed card slot and use the LCD to select the image to be printed.
- Ethernet: Share the printer over a wired LAN network and see the status display from any computer on the network so you can monitor printing, ink status, and paper status.
- Wireless PictBridge: Send photos directly from your wireless camera that is PictBridge compatible (DPS over IP) to the printer, no computer needed.
- Print from Email: Print PDF or JPG by sending an email to the printer’s specific address.
Every Canon product has several different specs. For Canon PIXMA MG7120 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer you can see the full specifications below.
|Print Speed (up to)||4 x 6 Borderless Photo: Approx. 21 seconds|
Black:ESAT: Approx. 15.0 ipm
Color:ESAT: Approx 10.0 ipm
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 5,632 / Pigment Black: 1,024 / Total: 6,656|
|Picoliter Size (color)||1, 2 and 5|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Color:Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi|
Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
|Ink Compatibility||PGI-250 Pigment Black XL|
CLI-251 Cyan XL
CLI-251 Magenta XL
CLI-251 Yellow XL
CLI-251 Black XL
CLI-251 Grey XL
PGI-250 Pigment Black
|Paper Sizes||4 x 6, 5 x 7, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Paper Compatibility||Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper|
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy
Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster
Matte: Matte Photo Paper
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope
CD/DVD: Printable CD/DVD/Blu-ray Disc
Chlorine-free paper can be used
|Printer Features||AirPrint, Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Calendar Print, CD/DVD Printing, Disc Label Print, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Special Filters, Google Cloud Print, My Image Garden, Mobile Device Printing, Photo Direct Printing (Memory Card), Photo Printing, Cloud Link Printing, PIXMA Printing Solutions, Print from Email, Red-Eye Correction, Template Print, Trimming Print, Quiet Mode, Web Template Print, Wireless PictBridge, Wireless Printing|
|Output Tray Capacity||Lower Cassette: 125 Sheets Plain Paper|
Upper Cassette: 20 Sheets Photo Paper 4″ x 6″ or 10 Sheets Photo Paper 5″ x 7″
|Copy Speed (up to)||FCOT(Color): Approx. 14 seconds|
|Reduction / Enlargement||25% – 400%|
|Copy Features||Standard Copy, Borderless Copy, Fit-to-Page,|
Multiple Copy: 1-21 Pages
|Scanning Element||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Max. Resolutions||Optical:2400 x 4800 dpi|
Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
|Scanner Features||Auto Scan Mode, Attach to E-Mail Scan, Network Scan, Push Scan, Scan to Memory Card, Wireless Scanning|
|Color Depth||48-bit Input / 24-bit Output|
|Max. Document Size||8.5 x 11.7|
|Media Card Support||SD™ Card|
Memory Stick Duo™
Memory Stick PRO Duo™
Memory Stick Micro
xD-Picture Card® (Type M)
xD-Picture Card® (Type H)
|Other Features||6-Color Ink System with Gray Ink, Advanced Media Handling, Auto Power Off, Auto Power On, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Intelligent Touch System with 3.5 Touch LCD, Self-Opening Output Tray, Snap Edge, PIXMA Printing Solutions, Quiet Mode, Quick Start, Rated EPEAT Silver|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 10/ Windows 8.1/ Windows 8/ Windows 7/ Vista/ XP (32/64-bit)|
macOS 10.14/ macOS 10.13/ macOS 10.12/ OS X 10.11/ OS X 10.10/ OS X 10.9/ OS X 10.8/ Mac OS X 10.7/ Mac OS X 10.6
iOS/ Android/ Windows RT
|Standard Interface||Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||18.4 (W) x 14.6 (D) x 5.9 (H)|
|Warranty||1-Year limited warranty with InstantExchange Program. 1-Year toll-free technical phone support.|
Note: Specifications data are taken from the official Canon website
What’s in the Box
When purchasing new boxes, you get the PIXMA MG7120 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One, CD/DVD Printing Tray, Manuals and other documents, Matte Photo Paper (For Automatic Print Head Alignment), Setup CD-ROM, Ink Tanks Setup, and Power Cord.
Canon PIXMA MG7120 Wireless All-In-One Inkjet Photo Printer
The Best Printer I Have Ever Had
Canon is one of the best products in the world, I have a very good camera and this MG7120 printer. I like both and enjoy it, I pay a lot of money into both products and are very satisfied with both.
If you want a photo printer that is very fast, get two types of ink tanks and become poor for some good quality photos, or get a high-quality photo printer that has six or more ink tanks that need to print slower to print perfectly!
You’re not in a hurry about good photography, so start your print, take your cup of coffee, go back and drink a sip and your print is ready.