HP Print and Scan Doctor
What is the HP Print and Scan Doctor?
Printer Support – HP Print and Scan Doctor is a Diagnostic Tools Utility designed by HP to provide troubleshooting and problem-solving features to printer users made by HP Inc. This software is essential to solve various common problems experienced with HP print and scan products that are connected to Windows-based computers. You just run the tool and follow the instructions on your screen.
How to Use
How to Use HP Print and Scan Doctor?
Follow the steps below carefully and precisely to use the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
Type: Utility-Diagnostic Tools
Operating systems: Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64
Release date: May 22, 2019
File name: HPPSdr.exe (9.2 MB)
- Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor. (If your printer is offline download here)
- Run HPPSdr.exe from the download location on your computer.
- After the HP Print and Scan Doctor opens, click Start, then select your printer.
•If your printer is not listed, turn it on and click Try again.
•If there is a connection problem, follow the instructions in the device.
- Depending on the problem, click Repair Print or Repair Scan.
- Test results are displayed with icons
- HP Print and Scan Doctor shortcut are installed on your desktop.
The HP Print and Scan Doctor will detect lost printer software or problems that might be resolved by installing the latest software. If you continue to experience problems after installing the software, use the steps below to solve additional problems.
Solution if the HP Print and Scan Doctor can’t find the printer?
If the tool cannot find your printer, get more detailed information about how to connect your printer or if you get an error message when trying to connect, open the HP Support page, type your printer model, and then look for documents about installing your printer for USB, cable (Ethernet), or a wireless connection or for an error message that is displayed.
HP Print and Scan Doctor for Mac
Do the HP Print and Scan Doctor support for Mac?
The HP Print and Scan Doctor is not available for Mac. However, select one of the following links to resolve common printing, connection, or scanning problems.
- Printer offline problems: If you see an offline message as the printer status or the Printer has not responded to a message when trying to print, open Printer is Offline (Mac).
- Print quality problems: If the quality of a printed document or photo is not as expected, open HP Support, type your printer model number, and then search for print quality to find documents Repairing Poor Print Quality for steps to resolve the problem.
- Scan connection problems: Go to Network Connection Connection Error (Mac) or USB Scanner Connection Error (Mac), depending on your printer connection type.
- Scan quality problems: If a computer’s file or printout has vertical lines, wrong colors, color bands, or reduced resolution after scanning, go to Improving Scan Quality.
Additional features of the HP Print and Scan Doctor
You can use HP Print and Doctor Scan to run additional diagnostics and find printer information such as:
- Printer diagnostic and cleaning services
- Print Quality Diagnostic Page
- Align Printhead
- Clean the printheads
- Print Diagnostic Information
- Printer network connection information
- Ink and toner cartridge information
- Solve firewall problems
- Printer information
- HP ePrint information and print claim codes