Organize, Scan, Print, Share, and Manage your HP printer Anywhere with the HP Smart App (Printer Remote)
Printer Support – The HP Smart App is an application that allows you to organize, scan, print, share, and manage your HP printer from your smartphone or another compatible device. Print photos directly from social media or documents from cloud storage, scan while on the go, easily order supplies, and set instantly with the HP Smart App for your HP printer.
Whether you are working and need to print directly to your home printer or you need a quick and easy way to print photos from social media or documents from your Google Drive, the HP Smart App can help you complete your task.
See also the HP Printer App Wireless for easy printing
HP Smart (Remote Printer)
Print, scan and share with your HP Printer anytime, anywhere! HP Smart makes printing more comfortable than ever and puts the tools you need in the palm of your hand:
- Manage and manage your HP printer directly from the application
- View printer status and send printouts when traveling
- Print, copy, scan, and share documents and images straight from your mobile device
- Use the camera of your mobile device to make high-quality scanning, then preview/edit/ save as PDF and JPEG
- Order supplies and gets support directly from the application
HP Smart helps you to set up, scan, print, and manage your HP printer. You can set up new HP printers, as well as monitor and order supplies.
Download for Windows
The HP Smart app includes tools to print, scan, check ink levels, and set up your printer on a wireless network.
Note: AirPrint is an Apple technology that helps you create full-quality printed output without the need to download or install drivers. For additional features, install the HP Smart app.
Go to 123.hp.com, type your printer model, and then follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the app.
Setting up HP Smart App
- Make sure your mobile device is on the same wireless network as the printer.
- Install the HP Smart application, open the app, then tap Start.
- Accept the terms and conditions, then tap Continue.
- The application searches for printers that are connected to the network then add your printer.
Print with the HP Smart App
Print documents or photos stored on your Android or Apple iOS device. You can also print from Google Drive, Dropbox, Facebook, and Instagram, depending on your mobile device.
- Open the HP Smart application, tap Print Documents, Print Photos, or select your cloud storage or social media account.
- Find files on your mobile device, social media or cloud account. If you have not added your cloud or social media account, follow the instructions on the screen.
- Select the document or photo you want to print. Preview documents or photos displayed.
- Tap Print.
Scan with the HP Smart App
Use the camera on your mobile device to scan documents or photos as PDF or JPEG files. Then save your scans on your mobile device or in a cloud account like Google Drive, or share via email.
Note: Scanning with your mobile device’s camera requires a minimum of 5 megapixels and autofocus capability.
- Select documents or photos to scan.
- Open the HP Smart app.
- Select your mobile device and select the type of scan you want to complete.
- Take a picture or allow the application to take pictures, depending on your mobile device.
- Make any changes to the scan on the preview screen, if necessary.
- If you want to scan additional pages, tap the new page icon.
- When the scan is complete, tap Send, Save, Share, or Print, depending on the type of scan previously selected.
Other Functions of the HP Smart App
The HP Smart App allows you to check printer supplies, view printer information and reports, and change printer settings.
- Identify ink cartridges and printer supplies messages
- HP Instant Ink dash access
- Access printer settings, information, tools, and reports
- View and update printer settings
- Print printer reports
- Using the printer
- View printer information
- Access advanced equipment
Note: If you do not want to install the HP Smart app at this time, go to Mobile Printing Solutions to find out if your printer supports Print Anywhere.